WINE SEMINARS AND TASTINGS
Wine seminars: from the Basics to how to taste like a Pro. Learning about Wine is one of life’s great adventures and will make it easy and fun to learn about it.
In a more casual setting, join us every Saturday from 5-7 pm for our Complimentary Wine Tastings.
Private Tastings: We can be your “Sommelier for the Evening” and help you host a wine tasting party either in the comfort of your home, your office or at the store.
Solera is very excited to present the wines from Taybeh Winery from Palestine
How did we end up tasting these wines?
We recently celebrated VALENTINE’s DAY with a wonderful four course Mediterranean dinner at one of West Roxbury’s newest dining establishments Eat at Jack O’Neill’s. We were pleasantly surprised not only by the extraordinary food but also by the interesting and delicious selection of wines from TAYBEH WINERY. It was the first time, we tasted Palestinian wines and we loved them.
The night started with smoked salmon and cream cheese in a wafer cone, paired with their Merlot. What a fantastic start to the night! There were lamb and duck courses that paired perfectly with the full body reds. The founders of the winery were present and spoke about their wines at length.
Taybeh Winery is a family owned business founded in July 2013 by the Khoury brothers, Nadim and David, and Nadim’s son Canaan Khoury. Following the success of the Khoury family in opening the only brewery in Palestine, Taybeh Brewing Company, Canaan was inspired to return to Palestine after finishing his studies in the United States to open the only boutique winery in Palestine. Winemaking in Palestine can be traced back thousands of years. The ancient land of Canaan was one of the earliest regions to cultivate grapes for wine. Palestine was described as having a copious supply of wine such that “wine is more abundant than water”.
This is a Complimentary Wine Tasting! It should not be missed!
Solera, your place for geeky, offbeat wines!!!!
- NV Le Berceau Blanquette de Limoux (Saint Hilaire, Languedoc, southern France)
- 2015 Altùris Sauvignon Blanc (Venezia Giulia, northeast Italy)
- 2014 Raymond “R|Collection Lot No. 3” Chardonnay (Napa Valley, northern California, USA)
- 2015 MIMI en Provence Rosé (Côtes de Provence, Provence, southeast France)
- 2014 Leese-Fitch Pinot Noir (California, USA)
- 2013 Don Segundo Cabernet Sauvignon (Valle Central, central Chile)
Best New Wines You’ve Never Heard of @ Roslindale
- New Mexico Sparkler (USA)
- Gruner Veltliner (Austria)
- Torrontes (Argentina)
- Bobal (Spain)
- Saperavi (Georgia)
- Carmenere (Chile)
WINE & CHOCOLATE
TASTING MENU (tentative – subject to change)
- NV Boston Winery Brachetto (Dorchester, Boston, MA, USA) + Valrhona Dark Chocolate Pearls
- 2014 Josef Friederich Piesporter Goldtröpchen Riesling Spätlese (Mosel, central Rhine, western Germany) + Callebaut Milk Chocolate
- 2014 Falernia Carmenere Reserva (Valle de Elqui, Chile) + Valrhona “Caramélia”
- 2014 La Bouvaude “Fruiandise” Côtes-du-Rhône (Rhône Valley, southern France) + Lindt Excellence “Intense Orange” Dark Chocolate
- 2013 Victor Hugo Petite Sirah (Paso Robles, southern California, USA) + Taza “Guajillo Chili” Dark Chocolate
- NV Conte Vistarino “Costiolo” Sangue di Giuda Dolce (Oltrepo Pavese, Pavia, Lombardy, north-central Italy) + El Rey “Gran Saman”